Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is one of my very favorite times of the year for quite a few reasons. It means that I can decorate for Christmas! I get to spend lots of time with my family and it remninds me of the many things I have to be thankful for.

This year we did lots of traveling, as usual. My parents were able to come from Kansas and stayed at our house from Monday to Friday and it was great to see them. We also got to hang out with Jeff, Jacob and Emma during that time. Thursday we went to New Ulm and spent the day with my Dad's family. And Friday we went to Grand Meadow to see my Mom's family. Carl and I went from there to Colfax to be with his family. Three excellent Thanksgiving meals in two days! I'm not quite sure if my baby bump is bigger this week because of the baby or the food... But we had a great time seeing everyone and were blessed with excellent driving weather. I think the highlight was playing Telephone Pictionary - you have not played that game until you have played it with my family! I laughed so hard it hurt and still couldn't stop. I love it! It was sad to say goodbye to my parents at the end of it all, but we will get to see them in just one month when we go to Kansas!

And now for all the things I"m thankful for. Carl and I both have amazing families and we are so grateful for that. We could not have asked for better parents or siblings - they are the best! I'm also thankful for a warm place to live and an incredible husband to share it with. At our wedding we had some one sing "When God Made You". One of the lines is "When God made you he must have been thinking about me." And I believe it - he couldn't have made a better husband for me! :-) And now we are not only thankful, but also excited beyond belief that God has given us a baby to add to our family and bring into our home. We can't wait to meet our little guy and feel so blessed to have him already!

No comments:

Post a Comment