And on to the belly bump pictures - we forgot week 17. We're really not very good at remembering to take these, but here are the ones we have.
18 Weeks
This was a somewhat lumpy stage. I was pretty convinced my other organs were fighting the baby for the front position. I was really hoping the baby would win and it finally did. I'm glad that's over!
19 Weeks
And Today - 20 Weeks
And now, for the news you really care about. We had our 20 week appointment today and it was awesome! I think I've said this before, but I used to hate going to the doctor, and now I love it! I told the ultrasound lady that I didn't want her to be done, I wanted to stay longer. Even getting my finger pricked and a flu shot couldn't ruin that doctor's appointment for me. We got to see our baby! And it's a boy! And most importantly, he's perfectly healthy in every way. The lady said he was a very active baby and at one point she had to give up on getting a look at the lips, chin and nose and go back to it later. First she said he was being camera shy because he kept turning his head. Then he kept covering his face up and flailing his arms around. She said, "Well, now Baby's getting feisty!" Later, when the doctor tried to listen to the heartbeat, we could only hear bits of it between wild kicks. :-) So watch out us. We're going to have a crazy baby on our hands in a few months! We also got to see him laying with his head on his hand, sucking his thumb, waving and covering his ears with both hands. So cute! And that boy can kick. It still just feels like little butterflies or bubbles to me, but those little arms and lege were flying when we were watching him today! Oh, and just because I'm proud of him for passing all his little tests today I'll brag and tell you that he's now 13 oz., and according to the doctor, has a beautiful spine and everything else is perfect too. Good job Baby Boy! :-)
I am so thankful your baby boy is so healthy. Great post with lots of news!
ReplyDeleteYAY FOR BOYS!!!!!! So happy for you guys!!
ReplyDeleteYEAH YEAH YEAH! Glad he is healthy. You look great :)
ReplyDelete