I will be honest and say that I really don't like Halloween. I can't stand all the previews for horror movies and all the creepy costumes, and especially the house across the street with all the nasty decorations and the creepy lady serving things out of a cauldron in her driveway. But I love seeing all the cute kids and their costumes and I love carving pumpkins! Carl and I always carve pumpklins together. He usually prints off some design to carve and makes something cool like a pirate or something. But I refuse to cheat and I always make my own. And Carl's is always perfect and mine is not. I try to make it really cute and sweet looking and most of the time it ends up being the scary one. This year Carl didn't print off anything, he did it all on his own and it is of course, still perfect. I decided to make a really cute pumpkin that teaches about shapes (Yes, I know I'm a nerd). And guess what? It's creepy. Carl told me it looks like something out of a Tim Burton movie. What can I say? I am artistically challenged. But we had a lot of fun and they looked cute sitting in our windows when all the trick-or-treaters came!
And. if you hadn't noticed, the stem on my pumpkin looks like an iguana sitting on my shoulder. Gross!
LOL!!! I was totally trying to figure out what was on your shoulder, before I read the last sentence of your blog! Thank you for clarifying or I would have been here a while trying to figure it out :). I think your pumpkin looks cute! :) Miss you guys!
ReplyDeleteI totally love your blog. Noah and I read this post together and laughed out loud. I like your pumpkin! (Who wants to compare themselves to Carl anyway ;)) Your kids will someday love your educational pumpkin :)
ReplyDeleteKristi, look out! It's going to bite you!
ReplyDelete