Ok, so a lot of people have been asking us how we told our families we were having a baby. It was a lot of fun and I had dreamed about that day for a long time. So the day after our first doctor appointment I went out and bought the Grandmother and Grandfather Willow Tree Angels. The little old ladies at the Hallmark Store were very excited. Really, they were the first people I told about being pregnant so it was a fun experience.
We got to see Carl's parents that weekend so we had the gifts wrapped up and gave them to them before dinner. They were, of course, very excited when they figured out what we were telling them! :-)
Since my parents are in Kansas, we didn't get to see them. So we wrapped up a box with the Grandpa and Grandma and our first ultrasound pictures inside with notes that they couldn't open them without calling us first.
They were also really excited and it was a fun way to tell them. They are in trouble now though because I gave them one job to do and they haven't done it. They were supposed to take a picture of themselves with the Willow Tree Angels and send it back to us and it's been over a month now and I haven't seen one. So you don't get to see a picture of them. Mom and Dad, if you're reading this I'm still waiting... :-)
We called all of our siblings to tell them the news. Jacob immediately informed me that he is going to be the uncle who takes my kids for a day, pumps them full of sugar and makes them crazy and then returns them to us. That'll be fun. Hopefully his fiance will help keep him under control.
No comments:
Post a Comment