We started the day heading off to church bright and early for the dedication. It's hard for us to get to church and have the kids all checked in by 9 on a normal Sunday. But we needed to be there early for the dedication. So it was really pushing it to be out the door by 8:15 looking put together, with food for lunch prepped, and our house clean and ready for company, but we did it!
It was fun to celebrate the day with some of our family who were able to come. And even though we celebrated Carsten's birthday the day before, he still got to open some presents from Grandma and Grandpa Hagen while they were there.
For me, a happy Mother's Day is just spending it with my happy, healthy little family, and I got to do that. :-) But they also managed to sneak away and get me flowers.
I love this picture Carl took of them carrying them through the check-out!
That night after everyone left, Carl said we could go anywhere I wanted for dinner so I didn't have to cook. But to be honest, it had been a busy weekend and a lack of sleep had been catching up with me. It might sound lame, but I didn't want to go anywhere. I just wanted to stay home and relax with my family. So we did the best of both worlds. We ordered dinner from Olive Garden and Carl picked it up and brought it home. It was the best.
I told Carl that what I really wanted for Mother's Day was pictures of me and my babies. Pictures in which they were actually smiling and not making faces. :-)
Aria is the only one who didn't happily cooperate, but I forgive her. She's just little. :-)
In case I haven't had enough of these on here lately, I have a few more quotes from Tyler. They are like every other minute around here lately. (He's having quiet rest time right now and just as I wrote that he said, "Kristi, do you know what an aardvark is?" Kristi? Really?!)
Sometimes when Carsten wakes up he's a little grumpy and Tyler just wants to hug him and love him. So as Tyler tried to hug him and he threw himself to the floor with all sorts of attitude Tyler said, "Oh, Carsten. You are the most dramatic little boy I've ever seen!"
We went to the park and when we got there Tyler decided to keep his helmet on just in case he fell off the wobbly bridge. He's never fallen off this bridge and he's totally not afraid of anything. He's just super conscientious. He's the child who climbs to the top of things and asks if he's terrifying me before he jumps off. It's just not quite as satisfying to him if he doesn't think I'm scared. Anyway, after a little bit he jumped onto the bridge and fell onto his knees.
Tyler: I hurt my knees even though I had my helmet on.
Me: Well your helmet only protects your head. You can still get hurt in other places, so you still need to be careful.
Tyler: I should have put on the gospel of peace!
We were talking about preschool and the possibility of homeschooling at some point. I asked him what he thought of me teaching him at home. He put both of his hands over his face and said very dramatically, "Oh. My. Goodness. I do NOT want to be home schooled!" How does he even know enough about it to have an opinion like that? Of course, the next day he told me he doesn't want to go to preschool, he wants to be home schooled. :-)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment