Monday, June 10, 2013

Our Staycation

I cannot believe how fast this last month has gone. Carsten is one month old today! The time my parents were here went by in a blink, but the last two weeks that Carl had off for paternity leave went in an even faster blink. He went back to work today. But we lived up every moment of his time off. I really thought we would be hanging out at home more. You know, relaxing, sleeping... And we did a little bit. But we also took advantage of the time we had together as a family and did a lot of fun things. It was kind of like we were on vacation at home. And it was awesome. I got to sleep in until 8 or 8:30 everyday while Carl got up with Tyler. And from there it just got better. We went to parks had a picnic at a beach, walked to Dairy Queen for ice cream, went to the Mall of America twice, the zoo and the Children's Museum.

We've also had some fun visitors! Aunt Emma came last week for one night. We enjoyed a lunch at Five Guys and a trip to Cupcake for dessert. Delicious!

And this weekend Uncle Matt and Aunt Janelle came. They were excited to meet Baby Carsten and to spoil Tyler a little bit. They wanted to take him somewhere fun and decided to go to Sea Life at the Mall of America. Carl and I thought that would be a great chance for us to do a little shopping without him around. So we went with but we split up for a really fun little mini date (with Carsten) when we got there. We didn't really get to the shopping part, because we saw mini golf first and got distracted. We both got Hole in Ones and Carl won a free game! We pretty much rocked it. Oh yeah, and I won. :-)

Our Dairy Queen Trip and a cool rock along the way :-)
 

At the zoo! This goose walked us from our car almost all the way to the entrance. Tyler thought it was awesome. I was afraid he was going to get bit. He kept walking right up to us and basically walked about two feet away from the stroller the whole time.
 

Cupcakes!
 

The best parts of the Children's Museum: The rock climbing wall...
 
the ant hill...

the Grocery Store...
 
 and this dog house. Of course.  :-)
 
Reading with Matt and Janelle

Surprise golf date!

And this guy. Love him!


Such a fun two weeks. Tyler is going to be so bored after four weeks full of visitors, two weeks full of time with Daddy and lots of fun adventures! I just hope I can keep up with him.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment