Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Long Weekends Rock!

I love long weekends. I always have. But I think I love them even more with Tyler here. It's so fun to have a weekend to hang out as a family and both relax and have fun together. This weekend was the best. Friday, nothing too exciting, just a regular night at home. Saturday, I pretty much dragged Carl to the Farmer's Market. I was all excited about it and thought it would be so fun to go there and pick out ingredients to make dinner with. Carl was not as enthusiastic about it. But like the loving husband he is, he got in the car and came with us. In his words, "I feel like all we're doing is going to a parking lot to look at vegetables and that does not sound fun." But guess who had fun?! That's right. Carl did. About half way through our adventure he got the idea to make kabobs and then he was on a mission to find the perfect vegetables to go with our steak. Then we got home and he went to work finding a great marinade recipe and he made the most delicious kabobs ever!

Ready to Grill!
Watching the Grill Master















On Sunday after church we went to the State Fair with some of our closest friends. Tyler did a great job at his first Fair. And we enjoyed eating lots of super healthy food. Then we all came back to our house to eat dinner and play cards. And I'll just brag a little. Girls won!  :-)

Enjoying my pineapple ice cream at the fair!

On Monday we did a little shopping and went for a walk at French Park. And as if the weekend wasn't enough fun, Carl won suite tickets in a lottery at work for the Twins game Monday night! Tyler couldn't come to this one (sad face), but we had a great time on our date and Tyler did just fine with the babysitter. Carl and I got to enjoy watching the Twins lose in style from our suite, and again, ate some super healthy food.

Tyler wore his Twins shirt and cheered them on from home.


The gorgeous (and sort of fake looking) view from our seats.

3 comments:

  1. Although Carl had fun...next time you should leave him at home & I'd go with you (if I lived closer). I love that stuff...Matt also hates it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The suite looks AWESOME! We're a little jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a really fun weekend. Are you sharing your kabob recipe Carl? Sounds delicious!
    ps. The view totally does look fake- who knew MN could be so beautiful ;)

    ReplyDelete