Monday, July 18, 2011

My Taste of Twins

So apparently I'm doing In-Home Day Care now. Three weeks ago I started watching another little boy who is 4 days younger than Tyler. He's a cutie and kind of reminds me of a little Cabbage Patch Kid. I have him from 8 - 4, five days a week and so far it's going pretty well. When people at work found out that I would be staying at home when I had my baby, I had four different families ask me about watching either their baby or a friend's baby. This little guy's parents are friends of some one I worked with. They're a really nice family! It's really not hard having two babies here. Most of the time I can get their schedules to match up so I can be giving each of them what they need. As long as they don't need to eat at the same time, I'm good. The hard part is having one that's my own and one that's not. That part is harder than I expected it would be back in January when I decided to do this. By the time I started I knew it could be tough. But Tyler is pretty easy going and most of the time loves to play and entertain himself while I'm taking care of Logan. If he couldn't do that, it would be much harder on me. The first few days I felt really guilty! If I was holding Tyler I felt guilty that I wasn't giving attention to the one who was paying me, and if I held Logan I felt guilty for giving someone else attention instead of Tyler. But in reality they are perfectly fine playing with their toys while I take care of the other one. If I only had Tyler he would still spend time playing by himelf sometimes. So I guess, so far, so good. I know that as they get older I will get much busier, but I think this is the hardest time. When they can't do anything for themselves. Once they start moving around a little more and get on more consistent schedules I think it will actually be pretty fun to see them start playing together and enjoying each other.

I have always wanted to have twins, so people keep asking me if I still want them. Yes I do! I think it would be so much fun and nothing could scare me away from that little dream. But I don't like getting up early. I've been drinking a LOT of coffee! And I don't even like coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment