Saturday, April 16, 2011

A Whole New World

 Ok, so I knew that life was going to change a lot with a baby, and I was ok with that. Completely excited about it, actually. And I still am. I love every minute of being a mom and having a little family of three. But it definitely is different. Because of the c-section, it has taken longer for me to get back to normal than it probably would have otherwise. The first week I was home from the hospital, I still had trouble walking and it was very diffitult to sit down and stand up. If I dropped something (which I often do) I would just have to wait for some one else to come and pick it up because the effort of bending all the way over was way too painful and exhausting. I wasn't allowed to drive, carry Tyler down the stairs or lift anything other than Tyler. So for the first week, all I really did was hold and feed Tyler. My mom was completely amazing. She cooked, she cleaned, she did our laundry, she drove Tyler and I to our doctor appointments (between the 2 of us, we had 5 appointments in 2 weeks!), and everything else that needed to be done. The second week she was here I really tried to do things myself. But usually I would just start something and Tyler would need me and that was the end of it. There were 2 baskets of laundry in our room for a week and a half. My mom or Carl would put them on my bed for me so I could put them away, and at night when I still hadn't done it, they would move them back to the floor of my closet until the next day when I would try again. Now they are in the guest room and still not put away... 


This week I have felt much better. I stopped taking pain meds, my doctor said I can drive again and I have actually done dishes and loads of laundry (with Carl's help carrying the laundry baskets for me since I'm still not supposed to lift anything.) And I've gotten pretty good at typing with just my left hand and turning light switches on and off with my chin. I have all of these lists of things I want to do each day and if I even get one done, I feel a little bit proud. Today Tyler and I went to Target AND I cut my fingernails. It was a big day. We also had our first little social outing with baby last night. We went to our good friends Jesse and Andrea's house for dinner and a movie and Tyler was a rockstar for it. Such a good baby!
Here are a few more pictures of the beautiful reason I never get anything done anymore :-)


My Little Love


All ready for his first stroller ride!

Our happy little family

We love having Tyler and we are treasuring every single second with him. It already feels like he's getting so big! I don't want to forget a single minute of this time with him as a newborn. He is so sweet and so precious and he is making me so sappy! But we love him more than we ever could have imagined was possible. He is definitely the perfect addition to our family!

1 comment:

  1. I love how in every one of these pictures Tyler is sleeping! :)

    ReplyDelete