We got to go camping twice in July in our brand new-to-us camper! We bought it from Carl's aunt and uncle earlier in the summer and the kids could not wait to finally use it!
The first trip was with my family. Everyone was there for at least part of the time and we had so much fun! We had beautiful weather and got to spend lots of time in the sun and at the beach.
The three boys, probably discussing what adventure to take next.
All the kids with Papa Joe!
Um... I can't leave these four alone for even a minute.
On our last day we went for a hike with my parents to the damn. Apparently this is all of my siblings' favorite memory from camping every summer when we were kids. And I don't remember ever doing it. Did they lock me in the camper with the dog? Why wasn't I there?!
I mean it's vaguely familiar. But definitely not what I remember most! It was fun to bring these guys there though. :-)
After we left we stopped in Eau Claire to try out a cute new ice cream shop.
Our kids approved. :-)
What I do remember about camping as a kid was how much fun we had. I am not a bug person. I do not like being outside in storms. I do not like raccoons. I do not like campground bathrooms and showers. Mostly because of the bugs. But I love camping and being with my family, exploring, being outside, having campfires, playing games... I can deal with the bugs (with very few freak out moments) to make great memories. And it is so much fun watching our kids love it just as much as I do. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment