The second annual Nav Reunion Camping Trip is in the books! I never brought my camera or phone anywhere with me so I only took two pictures! Carl took a few more but didn't always have his phone on him either. So unfortunately I don't have any pictures of the group. But I'll break it down for you. I think we had seven camp sites, 20 adults and 25 kids when everyone was there. There were kids everywhere and it was the best kind of chaos.
So excited to set up the tent!
This picture has a little story...
After we got the kids ready for bed Carl went to another campsite to hang out. We made a big mistake in deciding to bring Aria a toddler cot instead of a pack & play. I'm not sure why we thought a tent would be the best place to try that. She loved it, but she kept standing up in the dark, walking off the edge and falling. So she joined me in my cot right away. Shortly after Carl left, Carsten got off of his cot and climbed in too. He was sharing a cot with Tyler but Tyler fell asleep right away and Carsten was a little anxious. Anyway, the three of us were laying in a pile on a narrow cot when Carsten said he needed to go to the bathroom. So I called Carl. No answer. I texted Carl. No answer. I yelled his name hoping he'd hear me from across the street. No answer. He turned his phone off to save batteries! So I woke Aria up and unzipped the tent in the dark while holding both of them (not an easy task!) I just needed to go to the edge of the campsite to call for Carl so I tried to set Carsten down in a camp chair by the tent. But as soon as I walked away he started yelling, "No Mommy! I'm scared the kangaroos will get me!" He meant raccoons, but I'm so glad he said kangaroos. It was too cute. Anyway, eventually Carl came over and saved the day. Note to self though: Do not ever let your husband leave you in a tent with three kids without making sure his phone is on!
Making breakfast over the fire!
Enjoying our day at the beach.
This girl is not afraid of a little dirt.
Thank goodness for strollers. One year olds are the most dangerous campers!
There was lots of side walk chalking, scooter riding and playing in the dirt going on all weekend.
Why not add chalk to all the layers of dirt?
This was one of my favorite moments. Look at all those energetic boys sitting so calmly together! Amazing.
These two melt my heart.
The saddest part of these trips is that they are too short! The kids finally started making new friends and then we had to pack up and leave. Tyler and Shara were best little friends that last morning.
These two are always best little friends. :-)
And this right here is the sign of an extra fun weekend.











No comments:
Post a Comment