Saturday, April 2, 2016

Quotes and Pictures Galore

We started off March with our tenth anniversary! We got to spend most of a day out together and it was really fun. We started at a coffee shop, then went to play pool and some good old air hockey. You know, to make us feel a little less like old married people. Then we went to a restaurant called Borough and it was so fun. It was really unique and a totally new experience.

Love this guy!

We texted this picture to Carl at work - It said, "Daddy please cut our hair so Mommy can't do this to us anymore." It got a little long this time. :-)

My three little artists.

Free cone day at Dairy Queen!

Our closest DQ doesn't have indoor seating. And it was dark and pouring outside. So we at our ice cream in the back of the van. Great memories. :-)

First tastes of an ice cream cone!

We finally pulled out the Fun Dips from Tyler's Valentine's Day candy. It was blue. :-)

I just love this picture of him.

So much brotherly love.

We've been spending a lot of time at the mall lately during preschool. We are so excited to go to parks again. But for now they are still loving the play areas.

The boys have been begging for Green Eggs and Ham lately. So green eggs for breakfast it was. I won't lie, I'm sure they tasted the same as always, but they were really hard for me to swallow! The boys loved them though.

Carsten used to call the book, "Ham and Ham." I really miss that. :-)

Cutie.

Racing cars through the castle!

And another lovely day at the mall. They look cute, but Carsten was wishing she had her own chair.

"Mommy, I'm good without her here. Please take her away."

And now... So many quotes.

After crying and not getting the cat stickers he had wanted in the car:
Tyler: If I had magic I would turn these stickers into cat stickers. But I don't have magic, because magic isn't real!

This one is a couple months old, and Carsten is actually starting to make his own choices and not always copy Tyler. But for awhile he was not making any of his own decisions. In the car one day we were telling Carsten that God made him special and that he is his own little person with his own mind and thoughts. We told him that he doesn't have to do everything Tyler does and we love to hear his own ideas:

Tyler: I have an idea! How about you think of your own idea and I will think of my own idea?
Carsten: I don't want to think of my own ideas.
Me: Why?
Carsten: I don't want to think of my own things. I want to say what Tyler says. I think of my own things at Super Bible Club.

On the last day that Tyler was in his cast he was scooting around a lot on his bottom and getting pretty quick at it. He was even pulling himself up and sliding on one leg. 

Me: Ok, Tyler, we've got to get going, come on out.
Tyler: I'm going as fast as my little heart and good leg can carry me!

We were going to get a car wash and after waiting in the car line for a few minutes I noticed a sign that said the card reader was broken. So I told them it was broken and that we couldn't do it without cash. They both immediately said, "I have cash!" And when we got home they got their banks out and got some coins ready. They made sure they got their cash next time we got in the car just in case it was still broken. They wanted so badly to help me pay. It was so sweet. They still tell me they have cash anytime we talk about a car wash.

At Aria's 12 month appointment we we hit a whole new level of sibling rivalry. Carsten brought some imaginary groceries with him and he kept coming over during the appointment to ask me to hold them. Then he would go pretend do something and come back and say, "Where are my groceries? Oh, there they are. I need them now." So I would hand them back and he would go set them somewhere else. All was going well until Tyler decided to pick up the groceries. That did not go well. They were literally arguing and fighting in the doctor's office over invisible groceries. They were taking them away from each other and grabbing them back and Carsten was yelling at Tyler to give him his groceries back. Words I never thought I'd say: "Tyler, give his groceries back." In reference to something that didn't even exist. At least they have good imaginations? :-)

Carsten loves to put water in his hair to make it stick straight up. It does that already on his own, but he really likes the mo-hawk look. Every single time he comes running out and says, "Do you love my hair?"

I don't know where Tyler got this, but every time Aria follows me somewhere (usually when she manages to sneak through the gate into the kitchen) Tyler says, "Um, Mom, you have a passenger."

Tyler: Can Papa Joe and Grandma Ronni come and can we make French eggs when they are here?
Me: What are French eggs?
Tyler: The ones that you take the peel off of them and wash them and the white is on it and the yolk is inside.
Me: You mean hard boiled eggs? Why do we need to wait until they are here to have them?
Tyler: Because you are not very good at it. But Papa Joe is so good at it!

Tyler: Mommy, can you not ever make that thing I don't like? French Chinese Pasta? I don't like that.

Well, I don't know what that is, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't ever have to worry about me making it. :-)

The other day Tyler started setting up his toys and asking me to take pictures of them to text to my mom and dad. I was typing what he said about one of them and I accidentally sent it.
Tyler: Mommy! Tell them to please, please send it back so we can finish it!





No comments:

Post a Comment