Tyler was also really looking forward to his program. He was practicing his songs and talking about it for a long time. I had a new tie and dress shirt that I was planning on him wearing and I mentioned that he would dress up for it. Here's how that conversation went:
Me: You will get to dress up in a nice shirt and your new Christmas tie.
Tyler: Well then I will just have to take it off when I get there.
Me: Why would you have to take it off?
Tyler: To put on my costume.
Me: What costume?
Tyler: My king costume for my program.
Me: Do your teachers have costumes for you to wear?
Tyler: I have to wear my king costume.
Me: Did your teachers tell you that you are supposed to dress like a king?
Tyler: My teacher said that we are supposed to dress up. And one of the other kids said he was going to dress up like a ninja turtle. But she said only Bible costumes.
As you can see, no one dressed up like a ninja turtle. Or a king. :-)
We went out for a quick lunch at Five Guys before Carl had to get back to work. It was fun to celebrate his hard work and sweet singing.
Tyler did a fantastic job at his program. It was fun to see him singing and doing all the actions. It was all SO cute!
One of the songs that he had been practicing was so cute and I loved hearing his little voice doing it. So later I asked him to let me record him doing that one song before he changed clothes. He did that one and all six of the others. And when he finished that he just started singing other Christmas songs. It was so sweet. I got my own personal little Christmas program. As amazing and adorable as his school one was, I liked that one even better. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment