One of my constant prayers is that my kids will always be great friends. I won't lie - they don't always get along. But most of the time Tyler and Carsten are absolutely best friends. And they adore Aria. Tyler is her great protector. He watches out for her like it's his job. And Carsten loves to make her laugh. She adores them both back. :-)
A few weeks ago we gave Tyler and Carsten dinner and then made a fancier dinner for ourselves after the kids were all in bed. The next weekend Tyler asked me if he and Carsten could have a date with mac and cheese. I thought he meant sitting at their little table for dinner like the last time. And since we were still doing our Whole30 we thought they would like the treat. So we set them up at their table with some mac and cheese and we ate in the kitchen.
Later we found out that Tyler thought having a date meant that they would get to stay up to eat dinner by themselves and the rest of us would go to bed. :-)
I love it when Tyler reads to Carsten!
So much love.
Reading again!
Aria being adored.
Hanging out with another one of her fans.
Sometimes the love goes too far. Carsten called me into his room during nap and when I came back out two minutes later Tyler had unattached her from her table. In typical Aria fashion she just went with it. There's not a lot that phases this girl.
Matching! (FYI: We are not the ones who bought these shirts if you are wondering.)
Ha. Awkward family photo? :-)
I got some extra time with this boy Sunday. We like to take them out one on one when we can, but it's been a little while since it has happened. Carsten and I had a great little date at Noodles. And then we went big kid, choo-choo train underwear shopping. :-)
I asked where he wanted to eat and he said, "Outside." So we ate on the patio. While we were eating he saw these stairs and said, "Mommy, please can I jump on those steps please?
There was no resisting that sweet little voice. We climbed stairs, we ran races together, and had SO much fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment