Sunday, August 9, 2015

Quotes From the Kiddos

My kids make me laugh. Have I said that before? :-) And now Carsten is starting to join in with all kinds of funny things. He is talking at a point where he can figure out to say just about anything he wants to. He uses pretty long sentences and he puts these cute little pauses in random spots while he thinks of his next words. It's so fun to listen to him talk. And I love listening to him and Tyler having conversations with each other!I am a little depressed though because this week he started calling Tyler by his actual name instead of Ty-Ty. I love that he calls him that and I do not want it to go away!

Tyler

Talking to Aria: I love you so, so, so, so much. I love you so much it's out of control how much I love you. I just can't stop loving you!

Me: What did you think of your spinach?
Tyler: It tasted like the ground. When I was two I licked the ground and it didn't taste good. And that didn't taste good either.

Wow! I will admit the spinach was interesting because it had coconut milk in it. But it tasted like dirt? I guess I will not be serving that to guests. :-)

Tyler asked if I remembered a long, detailed and very made up event.
Tyler: Do you remember when (insert super long story)
Me: No, I don't remember that. Did that really happen?
Tyler: Yes Mommy. It did happen. Did you lose brain cells?

To Aria again: You are so beautiful Aria. You're the most beautiful girl I ever saw.

Carl and I are doing the Whole30 right now (hence the coconut milk in our creamed spinach). And Tyler has become very health conscious. For a long time he has talked about what is or isn't healthy and asks if things have protein or vitamins because he wants to be strong like Uncle Jeff. But now he's even more concerned with it. He is determined that he is doing the Whole30 with us - and he kind of is because he eats the same meals as us, but not completely. I got little Mickey Mouse trays of carrots, pretzels and cheese as a treat for lunch after a long grocery shopping trip (which he loves!) and when he saw it he said, "But Mommy, I can't eat pretzels and cheese because I'm eating like you."

And he specifically asks for very healthy sandwiches with lots of vegetables for lunch. And when he plays in his kitchen he only makes healthy things. Like french fries that have lots of nutrients in them.  Everything he makes is healthy with nutrients. :-) "The bread I'm making you is really, really, really healthy with lots of nutrients!" I love how sweet he is to try to even make his play food things he thinks we can eat right now. :-)


Carsten

Carsten has always been funny, long before he could talk. So it shouldn't surprise us that the things that come out of his mouth are hilarious too. I don't have a lot of quotes from him yet, mostly because the best part of what he says is how he says it. And you can't hear it when I write it. But I do have one.

Carsten has never wanted to attempt saying his name. He just calls himself "Me." He will say anything else you ask him to, but he will not say Carsten. His middle name is Malachi, and a few weeks ago he learned how to say that. And he immediately started calling himself "Me Malachi". When we went camping in the Dells he met lots of new people and he introduced him self over and over as Malachi. If you ask him his name he says, "I am Malachi." Every single time. The other day I was trying to get him to say Carsten so I tried breaking it down for him.

Me: Can you say car?
Carsten: Lightning McQueen.
Me: Can you say sten? 
Carsten: No.
Me: Can you say Carsten?
Carsten: I am Malachi.

Carsten has been really into bike rides lately. Carl took them in the bike trailer for Tyler's last t-ball game and Carsten refused to get out of the trailer the whole time. He just waited inside until it was finally time to ride again.

Aria 

Aria is talking a lot too these days. She has two ways of communicating. She babbles and coos and makes adorable little high pitched squeals and giggles. All very girly. :-)

Or she growls. Yes, growls. Deep, low, growls. Like a ferocious little baby bear. It's hilarious. I guess this is what happens to little girls when they have two big brothers? I'm not sure why growling is the thing she has chosen to imitate the most, but it is, and it makes us laugh. A lot. 

Tyler used to make this exact same face. We always called it his flat smile.

Tyler and Carsten are definitely Aria's biggest fans (besides me and Carl, obviously.) They jump up and down and clap and cheer for every new thing she does, yelling, "Yay, Aria! Good job! Good job! Good day! Good day! Yay Aria!!!"

Even when she does things she shouldn't. A few weeks ago Aria was sitting in her Bumbo and she kicked hard pushed and up fast so it looked like she was going to fly right out the back. I gasped and reached out to stop her. But the boys started laughing hysterically and cheering for her for learning to be dangerous like them! I'm not sure how long she's going to be calm with these two big brothers encouraging her not to be. :-)

And here are my three Bumbo babies.



Because what kid doesn't love sitting in a Bumbo chair?






No comments:

Post a Comment