"I'm not tired. My brain isn't hurting right now so I don't need to take a nap."
Lately Tyler has been very interested in what being married means. And he is just so sweet. He keeps telling me, "I want to get married to you." And then he always pretends to put a ring on my finger and his own. Seriously, adorable. And then the other day he said, "Mommy, you look awesome! We got married and we had rings and I gave you a kiss. And then we eat marshmallows and green beans and great food and jelly beans."
"I got married once in awhile. And I got married right up!
"I'm three! And then I'm going to be four, then six, then seven, and then I'm going to be so big! And then I'll have a big boy car, and I'll be able to go in the street all by myself, and I'll have my own keys and keep them in my pocket, and then my jammies won't fit anymore and I will be so big!
Tyler had been in bed for almost an hour when I suddenly heard him talking. So I went in and he was sitting in his bed in the dark looking at his Children's Bible. "I'm reading my Bible right now. I'm learning my lesson." I asked what lesson he was learning about and he said, "It's teaching me how to obey."
One of his favorite things to do lately is help put Carsten to bed. He says, "I want to do all of his things." Which means he wants to tell him a story, pray with him and sing him a song. It's really not helpful, but it's quite sweet. He makes up a story, says a very sweet prayer for Carsten and then sings a long, drawn out song at the very top of his lungs. It almost always makes Carsten more awake and excited, but it is so sweet.
And then there's this baptizing thing. I really don't know where it came from or how it started. But Tyler has "baptized" Carsten multiple times a day for the last couple weeks. Poor Carsten. He sits there just innocently playing and all of a sudden he gets tipped over backwards and baptized. It never goes over well. But it keeps on happening.
When we were getting ready for my Bible Study this week I set out Tyler's clothes but told him he could pick out his socks and underwear and get dressed. He did that, but also picked out a baseball hat and a necktie for himself, and another tie for Carsten. He told me he wanted to be "fancy". He insisted that they both wear them so I went to church with the two best boys in town - t-shirts, ties and hats! So cute.
I love this guy. He really is fantastic.
No comments:
Post a Comment