So in honor of his half birthday, here's a little Tyler update.
Top 10 words that come to mind when I think of Tyler:
- Energetic
- Fearless
- Hilarious
- Sweet
- Talkative
- Loving
- Cheeseball
- Adventurous
- Active
- Happy
Currently he's in his room (where he's been for an hour) making silly noises, squealing, laughing, singing and talking non-stop instead of napping. I decided to take him out for a special lunch since we had a very crazy morning and he was soooo good and oh-so-deserving of a fun treat. So we went to Wendy's and had a Frosty for dessert. Note to self: Never give Tyler ice cream before nap time. I'm not sure sleep is anywhere in his near future. Oops.
Tyler talks all the time. He rarely stops, actually. Fortunately Carl and I are almost fluent (but not quite) in Tylernese. Surprisingly few others are. :-) Here are a few of the things that make us laugh:
If he sees a picture of my sister or hears her name he starts barking. (His way of talking about her dog)
He introduces "Mommy" and "Daddy" to every single person we see anywhere. Ever.
At Target the other day the cashier was talking to him. He's usually very friendly when we're checking out, but this time he was ignoring her. Finally, when she just kept talking to him he looked right at her, shook his finger and slowly said, "No, no, no."
He points one finger in the air after anything he thinks is fun, funny or delicious and says "One more!"
He also says "One more" to ask permission to do something again. Usually when he thinks he's being funny. Ok, he's right, he usually is being funny.
He fearlessly climbs things that he's much too little to be climbing and then looks down and says, "Mommy, careful." But if we ask if he's being careful he always says no. At least he's looking out for someone's safety - I guess that's a start.
Carl rarely does this, but occassionaly he's taken his phone out during dinner and Tyler shakes his finger and tells him "No, no, no." I'll admit, I'm pretty proud of teaching him that one. :-)
One of his most commonly used phrases is, "Good to go!"
If he sees or hears a baby, he has a pretty realistic (and loud) fake baby cry. Yes, I'm the person with the crying child in my shopping cart all the time, but it's almost never real! He's always copying some one else.
He heard me say "Carl!" once and ever since he thinks it hilarious to call him Carl instead of Daddy.
The only time Tyler gets to watch TV is for the few minutes it takes me to cut his nails every week and a half or so. So when I tell him or ask him if he wants to cut his fingernails, he takes off running to the stairs yelling, "Vee vee!" Who knew getting nails cut could be so exciting? :-)
Tyler has been singing The B-I-B-L-E song lately. It just doesn't get sweeter than hearing his little voice singing, "E i e i e, Buh buh!" as throws his little arms up in the air. :-)
I was not really a fan of this game - all I could think about was Tyler's little head hitting the floor. But they were having such a blast that I took a picture before I stopped all their fun. And in Carl's defense, they were barely moving and I was standing right by Tyler the whole time.
Fun at the library!
At Applebee's a few weeks ago - This is his "I can't believe they just gave me sugar!" happy face.
We just love this boy. :-)
So fun! What a sweet little blessing your little boy is to you guys! I can't believe he is already a year and a half! Where did the time go?! Thanks for the update and pictures!
ReplyDelete