Monday, October 29, 2012

Pictureless October

I almost always have my camera in my purse. But somehow this month I have forgotten it over and over again. It's been a pretty fun month though. I LOVE fall! I love the beautiful colors and the sound of leaves crunching when you walk, and I'm almost always ready for sweater weather by the time October comes around.

And we've gotten to do quite a few fun things this year. We went to Sever's Corn Maze for the first time a few weeks ago. That place is awesome! We did not give ourselves nearly enough time to enjoy it all. Lesson learned. We will not have plans for later the same day next year. They have a huge (I mean HUGE) corn pool to play in. Tyler sort of love/hated it. It's so deep that it was really hard for him to walk in so he would get a little frustrated. But he loved jumping in the corn and running around the hay bales that surrounded it. There were also a lot of animals, which Tyler of course loved. And the bird room. I am completely freaked out by birds, so I waited outside. But Carl and Tyler loved being surrounded by creepy birds flying everywhere. There is so much to do there that we didn't have nearly enough time to do everything we wanted, but it was a lot of fun!

The next weekend my brother, Jacob, and his wife, Laura came to visit. While they were here we went to Como Zoo. We go to the MN Zoo fairly often, but we never go to Como. They have totally different animals, so it was a fun change. And at the end we all rode on the carousel. Tyler had a blast all day that ended blissfully with Chipotle (his favorite!) on the way home. That was a couple weeks ago and he still keeps talking about Laura. Sorry Jacob. He might talk about you, but since he says your name differently every time, I really don't know.  :-)

We also got to go to Tyler's friend's first birthday party. And we've had some fun weekends in the leaves at home! I actually took pictures in the leaves, so I'll put those up later. :-)

Tyler is growing like a crazy dude. Seriously. He's getting so grown up! I realize that I have a new favorite everytime I write on here. But this is adorable. He loves reading his Bible and lately he goes in and gets it off the shelf or he just askes for it. He calls it his Bye-bee. So cute. So we've been reading lots of "bye-bee" stories everyday. The amazing part is that he actually sits through them now. They're kind of long so he used to lose interest and look at other books while we read to him. Now he asks for it and usually sits through the whole story. I love it!

And here are a few random pictures, just because.

 A little blurry, but proof that my son is a complete goofball.
 
So excited to paint!!!

Why waste your time painting one paper at a time when you have two hands?

Whoever came up with a playdough tool set is a genius. Genius, I tell you.

Reading in his pile of puppies.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun month! He's learning new things all of the time! It's amazing how quickly they grow and change :) Grateful for blogs to stay updated :) Eager for Ellie to be able to sit through a whole Bible story ;)

    ReplyDelete