So first of all I have to start by saying I am a master hand and footprint painter. It's a hidden talent. Really. After five years of teaching young kids, I have painted literally hundreds of baby and toddler hand and footprints. (We're talking every year for Mother's Day, Father's Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, classroom decorations and other projects.) I perfected it. I could get a perfect print almost every single time with little to no mess. I didn't even usually use paint smocks.
Clearly I never had Tyler in my class. Apparently I am not an expert when it comes to my own child!
I wanted to make cards for the ladies who take care of Tyler in the nursery every Tuesday. So without even thinking about it I got out the paints, some paper, paint brushes and a paper plate and got to work. Thankfully I was wise enough to strip Tyler down to his diaper. I'm fairly confident that I've never met a more wiggle baby. Yikes!
I couldn't wait for Carl to get home to show him our brand new red and blue kitchen floor. A big thanks to the inventor of washable paints!
Anyone who taught with me knows that a little art mess never scared me. I say, the messier it is, the more fun they're having! So mess or no mess, this is definitely a project we will do again. Tyler had a lot of fun. He loved it! He was laughing the whole time he was eating paint and smearing it all over me and the floor. :-)
Made me laugh. Too cute! I can't believe how much he is changing every month! Wow!
ReplyDelete