Saturday, December 3, 2011

My Mr. Mover

I'm about a week late on this, but Tyler is eight months old! I have lots of words to describe Tyler, but usually the first that come to mind are sweet, adorable, crazy, hilarious and ALL OVER THE PLACE. The boy is into everything. He definitely keeps me busy. There are some days that I feel like all I did successfully was keep him alive. And this is why:

















Clearly he likes cords. If anyone has any tips on how to make cords invisible, please fill me in. The whole living room is full of his toys, but this is how he would prefer to spend his time. That and opening Daddy's drawer in the bathroom and pulling out his deodorant, a hand mirror and toothbrush tips. It's a full drawer, but he always pulls out the same three things. He tosses the mirror and deodorant into the hallway, pushes the drawer in and out for awhile and then sits or lays down and chews on the toothbrush tip.


At eight months Tyler is crawling like a champ. I know I'm probably a little biased, but I think it is pretty much the cutest thing in the world. He loves to talk and be heard. If there are a lot of people around or other babies making noise, he does everything he can to make sure he is the loudest one. And he usually wins at that game with no problem. :-)

He is eating all kinds of new foods and loving them. He loves sitting in his high chair and eating meals with us. So fun! He spends a lot of his time just walking around the living room moving from couch to table to chair. He's starting to think he doesn't need to hold on, and he tries to get to things that are too far away by reaching out his hand and then just diving at them. Most of the time he makes it without falling - it's kind of ridiculous.

Tyler loves to sing. When I play my trumpet, he comes over and sings at the top of his lungs. The trumpet is the only things he's not always louder than, so I think he's taken it on as a challenge. He tries to help me play it too. By grabbing onto the the end and pulling himself up on it. Not so easy to play with a baby hanging off of it!


Tyler may keep me on my toes every waking minute, but I love that about him! I love that he is learning and exploring. I love his curiosity and energy. He's an adventurer and I wouldn't have it any other way. Because of that sweet little guy, I spend a pretty big portion of my day just laughing. How great is that?




1 comment:

  1. This is hilarious! LOVE to see him moving all over the place. He is quite the kid!!! Playing your trumpet?? Didn't know you picked that back up :) We just have such different babies, but you know opposites attract. hahaha :)

    ReplyDelete