
Ok so it wasn't really a vacation so much as a lot of traveling and tons of great times crammed into eleven days. May parents came from Kansas and camped near Eau Claire for a couple of weeks. We were there as often as we could be before and after my LITTLE brother Jacob's wedding! In eleven short days, we went on four, three hour car rides, and many 45 minute car rides. We stayed in a camper 2 nights, back at our house for 2 nights, in a tent 1 night, a camper one night, a hotel 2 nights and back in the camper for one more night. Tyler went to his first family wedding and danced his first dollar dance. We helped set up and went to a wedding rehearsal, dinner and a gift opening, I got an amazing new sister-in-law, Tyler went on his first paddle boat, swam at a water park, played on the swings with Grandpa at the park, got his very own mini camping chair from Grandma & Grandpa, and took his first bath in a real bath tub! There's no going back to the little one now! :-)

And doing all of those things with a baby went amazingly well! He did a great job camping. It was ridiculously cold for him in the tent though, so after the first night we moved into the camper with my parents. I was a little nervous that Tyler wouldn't make it through the wedding and I would have to take him out and miss it. Carl was video taping so I would've had to take him out. But he was awesome! He made a couple little babbly noises, but that was it. And at the reception, he was great too! He actually fell asleep there for most of it so we got to stay for the whole thing. Very exciting!
We had a great time with my siblings and my parents while they were here. It was so good to see them and so sad to say goodbye again! I wish I could just pick Kansas up and move it a little closer... Tyler definitely had fun on all of our adventures. He took a couple days to crash and adjust to normal life again when we got back though. He made it through everything better than I'd hoped for, but he was TIRED when we got home! Jacob's wedding was beautiful and we're so excited to have Laura in the family now! Everything was perfect and we're so happy for them!
 |
The Beautiful Couple
(Swanstrom Photography) |
 |
| So Cute! |
 |
| Tyler Met His Long-Distance Girlfriend :-) |
 |
| Chillin' With Auntie Em |
WOW! All sorts of adventures for Tyler!! Love that Ellie got included in this post. haha :) Great to see you guys as a part of your whirlwind trip :)
ReplyDeleteSounds like a lot of fun. I'm glad things went well and can't wait to hear more about it!
ReplyDelete