Monday, December 3, 2018

Levi Micah

I know, I know. I'm ten months late here. I've started writing this post multiple times over those months. Multiple! But I always end up snuggling a baby before I'm done.

Don't let my slowness fool you though. January 11 was one of the most joyful days of my life. It's just taken me awhile to finish writing about it. I always love being pregnant and I love getting ready to meet a new member of our family. The story was no different this time. Except that this baby wanted to give me a little run for my money all the way up to his birthday. I was so excited to meet him, and the difficulty in the last half of this pregnancy made me more antsy than ever to get him here. In November I was pretty sure there was no way he was going to make it to his due date. I felt like he was going to be here any day. But sometime around Christmas I started to feel better and knew he was going to take his sweet time.

My parents came here a couple days ahead of my scheduled c-section and were here with the kids. I was scheduled to be at the hospital at 5 am so we were just planning on leaving ridiculously early in the morning. But there was a huge snowstorm coming. So we decided to play it safe and leave the night before to stay in a hotel near the hospital. It's always such a crazy feeling to leave the kids knowing that the next time we see them they'll have a sibling! We said goodnight to them and headed out! On the way to the hotel we picked up cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory. It was sort of like a date, except sort of not. Mostly we just quick shoveled cheesecake down our throats before it was too late and I couldn't eat or drink anything anymore before surgery.

In the morning we headed to the hospital bright (ok, dark) and early ready to meet this new little love. Thankfully everything went very smoothly and at 7:28 we heard his sweet cry and got to hold this precious little boy. He was 8 pounds, 8 ounces and 20 inches.








Having this little boy in our lives is nothing short of amazing. We all just adore him. Since before he was born he has been working hard to make sure he stands out in this family. He is definitely his own little person with his own little agenda. He doesn't believe in naps or bedtimes. He almost completely refused to eat solid food until after nine months. He won't take a pacifier or bottle or drink out of a sippy cup. But he is always happy. The only time he's not happy is when he's being told to sleep. :-) He has the most adorable little grin that I just can't get enough of.











Obviously a lot has happened in ten months. The one (and possibly the only) thing Levi does just like his siblings is move! He took off crawling months ago and hasn't sat still since. He flies up the stairs and is walking. He is officially into absolutely everything. We've never had a baby in this house and he is having fun showing us all the exciting things he can find to do.

Levi's current favorites are running around the house pushing his walker (he is fast!), running in circles (especially if he's being chased) around in his little walker table, getting into my lid drawer and the bottle cabinet and spreading everything all over the main floor, swimming, and snuggling. He is active and on the go, but he is the absolute snuggliest baby. He gives the best baby hugs and kisses. It makes my heart happy.










We love this baby so much!


No comments:

Post a Comment