Thursday, March 24, 2016

ONE!!

Our baby girl is one already and I don't know how that happened! It is out of control. One of my favorite things to do is throw birthday parties for my kids and first birthdays are so fun!

We celebrated with friends and family on February 20, a few days before her birthday. We took advantage of Valentine's Day and had a very pink and girly heart theme. :-)

With the number of issues we had getting our floor finished in time for party, I was so glad that I had an oven in the kitchen to bake the cakes. We are always last minute people, but this took that to a new extreme. Thankfully, despite the lack of trim and a few other details, we pulled it off!



Notice the unfinished closet on the edge of this picture. :-)


The Birthday Girl!

Naturally most of the girls sat at the pink table together. :-)


I love having so many kids around!

Deer in the headlights! Her smiles were temporarily unavailable for these pictures.

The cake was not her favorite part of this party.

Whose baby is this anyway? A whole cake to herself with tons of delicious frosting and it made her cry! She definitely didn't get that from me.

We had to make her taste it. And she was not a fan. The tears came quickly and she was rescued from the torture of eating cake.

She had lots of amazing helpers when she opened her gifts!


She was excited about her new doll!

The gift to give a one year old girl is apparently tea sets - she got three! Two at her party and one from her brothers that they still wanted to give her. And she plays with them all. A lot. It is so cute. She loves taking the covers on and off the tea pots, drinking our of her tea cups and eating off of the cute little spoons. She is such a girly girl. When I need to make dinner and she wants to be held (so every time I ever even think about cooking) I just bring her tea sets out to the kitchen and she is entertained indefinitely. So the moral of this story is that a little girl can never have too many tea sets. :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment