Aria was two months old last week! I love this girl. She is so sweet and we are loving her little smile! The first time Carsten saw her smiling he started clapping and cheering, "Yay Eeya!" She has a great little built in support team in her big brothers. :-) Lucky for us, she is sleeping pretty well at night. She started waking up only once during the night when she was just a couple weeks old and usually sleeps for six hours. She even takes a couple of two hour naps during the day, including one at the same time as her brothers! I really never thought that would happen. She likes watching everything going on around her and laying in her play gym looking at whatever toys the boys have hung from it for her. Tyler likes to make sure she has new things to look at so he switches them out a lot.
Tyler and Aria both had check-ups today. Tyler had his four year old one and Aria had her two month one. I have a love-hate relationship with these early doctors appointments. I'm always excited to go and see how much they've grown! Today she was 10 lbs. 12 oz (26th percentile) and 22 1/4 inches (28th percentile). But mostly I dread them because of the shots. Aria did great for them though. She broke my heart with all of her little tears, but recovered pretty quickly. Both of her brothers were right there to love on her when it was done and I got lots of snuggles from her the rest of the day.
Tyler was really excited for his appointment. He loves getting his vision and hearing checked. And this time since their appointment was shared, the nurse took him to do get weighed and measured while I undressed Aria. He came running back to tell me, "I got to do the arm pump thing like you do!" He thought getting his blood pressure taken was so cool. Then the doctor came in and asked him a bunch of questions. When she was asking him about the foods he likes, he had me shaking with silent laughter and the doctor was holding her laughter back as best as she could too.
"Do you like yogurt?"
"Sure!"
"Do you like apples?"
"Well sure I do!"
"Do you like watermelon?"
"Sure I do!"
"Do you like broccoli?"
"Oh, sure I do!"
"Do you like chicken?"
"Sure I do!" (He does not like chicken.)
"Do you like steak?"
"Sure I do!"
This went on for a long time and every single thing she asked got a very exuberant, "Sure I do!" The only one that got a different answer was eggs. He said, "Sure I do!" And then followed up with a detailed explanation of all the ways he likes his eggs cooked, including when Daddy makes them and he gets to dip his toast in them. Oh, and part way through this little interview Tyler suddenly jumped up off his chair and did a flying somersault, banging his head on the hard floor. It was completely random. He was just loving his appointment and all the fun things he got to do!
He also had to get a couple of shots today and just like the sweet, protective big brother that he is, he offered to go first because he is brave and Aria might be scared.
This is the second time I've had all three kids in the tiny doctor's office. Last time Carsten was sick and it was a much quicker appointment. Let me tell you how it went this time. During Tyler's appointment Carsten sat under the doctor's table reading books. But he repeatedly moved around and bumped his head or tripped over things and had to come over to be comforted. And when she started asking Tyler questions, Carsten ran over to answer them all too, jumping up and down the whole time. During Aria's appointment both of the boys crawled in circles around the room giggling, sat on each other's laps and showed off how high they can jump. Thankfully their doctor thought they were funny. I will tell you one thing. My little family is loud and full to the brim of energy, but they make me smile all day long. :-)
While I'm writing about Tyler I have a couple more of his quotes.
Here is a science lesson from a four year old: "Snow is dried up rain. Dried up snow turns into hard boiled snow and then hard boiled snow turns into frozen snow."
"I want to do my job chart to buy a convertible." After we talked about how much money real convertibles cost and how long that would take to save up for, "Well I can just buy some money to buy a convertible." Oh, if only it worked that way. I would buy a convertible too!
No comments:
Post a Comment