Tyler has named our baby and is 100% sure that her name is Polly. He calls her that whenever he talks about our family. Daddy, Mommy, Tyler, Carseten and Polly. I was trying to tell him that Carl and I would think of a bunch of choices that we like and then choose our favorite. I was trying to prepare him for when he finds out what her name really is. So he said, "Ok, here are your choices. Window, kitchen, block, watermelon, Goliath, link, frisbee, pumpkin, Cubbie Bear, farm, turkey, lion, phone, or Polly." He's a smart boy. Polly sounds pretty good at the end of that list. Actually, to be honest, Polly is starting to grow on me. It's so cute when he calls her that. I told him it could be his nickname for her.
We had a turkey hanging up in our kitchen in the week leading up to Thanksgiving and every night we all wrote what we were thankful for. Carsten just colored them for this year. Tyler wrote on his and then told us what they said. I just loved the things he came up with.
1. Our house
2. For our new baby coming
3. People who are shouting for joy
4. The coffee shop and my kids coffee
5. Sparkly cookies
6. Real turkeys
7. My mom and dad
Tyler is literally a monkey. Truly. I made the mistake of telling him he belongs in a jungle the other day and it only encouraged his constant climbing. Anyway, he has decided that his name is Mr. Dangerous. Whenever he's playing and it gets quiet, I ask him what he's doing. And when he says he's being Mr. Dangerous, I know I need to run.
I asked Tyler to go get dressed. A few minutes later he came out of his room shouting, "Mommy, look! I have a big butt!" And he did. He was wearing not one, not two, but seven pairs of underwear and three pairs of socks. And nothing else. We had to run to the grocery store and I convinced him that he was going to be uncomfortable sitting in his car seat and a cart. So he took them off, but the second we got home he ran into his room and put them back on, plus two more. He wore nine pairs of underwear the rest of the day. And he kept taking his pants off to show people who were at our house. He did this for several days. He kept running out of underwear.
He has a bunk bed in his room and soon Carsten will be moving in with him. For now Tyler still sleeps on the bottom, but for nap one day I let him try sleeping on top. The only thing was that the ladder wasn't up yet. So I told him he needed to stay in bed and that if he needed anything to call me and I would come in. I told him multiple times, very intensely and I really thought he would listen. I mean, he's a climber, but he's smart about it and usually knows when to show caution. But about ten minutes later his door opened and he walked out.
Me: Tyler, you were not supposed to get out of bed! That was so dangerous.
Tyler: Well, I did it! I climbed down all by myself and I didn't die!
This one was when he was going to bed the other night. I was saying goodnight to him and he grabbed on to my arm and told me he was going to keep me in there with him forever.
Me: I want to keep you forever!
Tyler: Well, I'm going to get married someday, so you can't keep me forever.
Me: Well that's true. Can I keep you until you get married?
Tyler: But I'm going to go to college. And you can't keep me when I go to college school.
Me: Well can I keep you until you go to college?
Tyler: Yeah. But you certainly can't keep me when I go to college.
This is how I found him when I checked on him during nap: He put his touch light under his orange blanket to make a campfire and had all of his animals sitting around it.
I just love this boy. He is so sweet, and loving. He loves to use words like certainly, surely and absolutely when he's talking. He sings continually. There are few things I love more than hearing my boys singing. Especially when they do it together. Their favorite time for duets is in the grocery store at the very, very top of their lungs. It's hilarious. And loud. And most people love it. :-)
One of the sweetest things he does is put Carsten to bed. He would prefer to just do it himself and not even let us come in. He goes in there and turns on his lamp and sound machine, tells him a story and then prays with him and sings him a song. Then he gives him a hug and kiss and tells him, "Goodnight Carsten. I love you so much in the whole wide world!" It's completely adorable. And Carsten just lets him do it. So sweet.
I am so thankful that I get to spend my days at home with this guy. He brings us so much joy and laughter!
No comments:
Post a Comment