I was incredibly excited about this idea. Really excited. I couldn't wait for the big box to show up at our door!
The funny thing is I didn't really ride my bike all that much before. But now that I'm home and go for a lot of walks I was ready for something different. And there are a lot of parks around our house, but we don't go to most of them because they are a little too far to walk to. But not too far to bike!
Anyway, our bike trailer finally came. And like I said, I was pretty excited. Like a little kid.
Tyler was less excited.
He kind of just puts up with it.
Clearly he wasn't catching on to my excitement.
Actually, he likes the bike trailer. And he doesn't mind the helmet. He just doesn't like them together. I brought him to the park across the street without his helmet once and he was happy as a little lark. And he walks over and pulls his helmet out of the trailer often when it's parked in the garage. This morning Carl put it on him and he walked around playing with his helmet on for awhile. He didn't try to take it off or complain even once. It's just the combination of the trailer and helmet that he doesn't love. But he will get there, right? I mean what's not to love?
He was a big fan of the box! That has to count for something.
It has definitely brought on a new interest in bikes. He points them out everywhere now! In books and in real life.
For now we take short rides to the park right by our house. But pretty soon we will be riding all over town! I have visions of riding to the pool, the farmer's market, Caribou and all kinds of parks this summer. Maybe even garage sales. It's going to be fantastic! And if I fill the trailer with balls, dinosaurs and crackers, I just know Tyler will love it too. :-)

Cool! I love my bike trailer...even without the cute little boy in the back. :)
ReplyDeleteThat's such a cute picture of you on your bike. Ha! Go figure that Tyler isn't as thrilled about the ride as he is about the box. Typical toddler. I can only imagine the fun adventures you'll have together:)
ReplyDelete